Flower Blossom Wrap-a-Round
Keira is 10 years old today and for her birthday, I wanted to make some flowers for her collar. I looked and looked for some ready made flowers, but really didn’t care for the color or the fabric. There are loads of quaint bow ties for the boy dogs, but truthfully, I was having some difficulty finding what I wanted for Keira and I really didn’t want another scarf! I wanted a flower blossom wrap-a-round! What’s a dog owner to do? Make one, of course! I’m not much of a sewer so I wanted something that I could basically cut and paste. Honestly, it only took me a few minutes to make this and I think it looks so adorable on Keira!
- Hot glue gun
- Felt in a variety of colors
- Velcro squares with sticky backs
- Cut out circles on a sheet of felt. I used a coffee mug to trace the circles and they are about 3” round. Depending on how large or small you want your blossom to be- adjust according.
- Place a line of hot glue down the center of the circle and fold it in half.
- Once the circle is folded, place glue down the center and fold in half again.
- You should now have your pretty little blossom.
- Continue making blossoms. You can either glue them together in a bunch or keep them as a single blossom.
- Cut a circle out of felt. I used the same size circle as the blossom.
- Cut a spiral starting from the outside of the circle.
- Periodically glue while rolling from the inside tip
- Hot glue the end to secure the rose bud.
- Measure how much felt material you need to make a strap to secure onto your dog's collar. Depending on the size of your floral arrangement will dictate how wide you want your strap to be.
- Combine the flowers into the arrangement you desire and glue together with the hot glue. Oh, a beautiful arrangement needs leaves!
- Using the hot glue, secure your flower arrangement on the Velcro strap.
- Don’t forget to add the Velcro squares!